Call For a Free Estimate
We provide both interior and exterior waterproofing solutions. Be aware that some companies only employ an interior solution, regardless of the actual problem. These aren’t true waterproofing companies. They may try and steer you towards a solution that they are selling rather than a solution that is best for you and your home.
The Only Reasons To Use Interior Waterproofing
- This is not waterproofing, it is water management, the water still comes through the wall, and we are not protecting from frost or erosion.
- We will choose to work from the inside of your home when excavating is not possible or the landscaping/exterior utilities do not allow us to.
- When you lower your basement, it is always recommended to install an interior system as your old system outside is now too high relative to your basement floor.
- If the wall is strong and sound to support an interior repair we will install one if you choose this option.
- Interior methods are also used when you have a small repair; you can use this to manage small leaks to temporarily manage them.
- It is best used on concrete or structurally sound walls.
Why Do We Work From The Exterior?
- Working from the outside in fact waterproofs the area we work in.
- It stops water from entering the home protecting it from frost and foundation erosion.
- This method structurally ensures the life of the wall and the building it supports.
- Basements are not waterproofed to begin with, Ontario Building Code only calls for damp proofing and this minimum standard is usually all that builders apply, often times not very well. (waterproofing membranes are like sun-block, it stops 100% of the sun and damp proofing is like sun-screen, it does not protect 100% and allows amounts of rays through).
- When we work on the exterior we are able to repair large voids gaps or cracks that may be the source of the problem versus putting up a membrane inside to manage the flow.
- When working on the exterior we have access to the wall to apply proper waterproofing coatings that stay flexible and move with the wall, preventing future leaks.
- Exterior work allows us access to your weeping tile, we can replace the old weeping tile in the areas we work and camera the rest to ensure No Surprises when it comes to your most important drain system. We actually can confirm if your system is clear, may need work, and accurately give you a time frame to prepare for a full perimeter system.
- When your wall is cinder-block, stone, bricks or aging concrete it is best to work from the exterior when possible to ensure the wall does not erode and remains structurally sound.
Posted in: Waterproofing